I wonder if I could wake up tomorrow and go about my daily routine (which is currently non-existent) as if I were living my perfect life. I already know one thing that would make it difficult for me to do. In my perfect life I sleep well, and I definitely get out of bed earlier that 1:00 pm, which is the time I got up today. Still, maybe if I make a plan and then try it out for a day I could see if I would even enjoy living this perfect life I think I want.
An ordinary day in my perfect life:
- 7:00 am - Get up, wash my face, moisturize, get dressed, etc.
- 7:15 am - Do Yoga Sun Salutations (outside if the weather is as gorgeous as it is right now)
- 8:00 am - Coffee on the deck (again, weather permitting...trying to break the sit-in-front-of-the-computer-upon-waking habit)
- 8:20 am - Make a breakfast smoothie
- 8:30 am - Putter in my garden (I actually do have some neglected gardening to do and the weather is perfect right now.)
- 9:30 am - Work on my current novel (In my perfect life, I would already have a published novel or two out there in the world. In fact, I do have a couple in the works that I'd love to finish.)
I have other versions of this that include working in my glass studio...rehearsing with my band,sitting on the deck and writing a new song on my guitar or heading off to play rehearsal where I have the female lead. Those are dreams I gave up on already, though, but I can still tinker with my glass and play my guitar for fun anytime I like. I could audition for a part in a play at the community theater downtown.
What a lovely life I could have if I just let myself do it. I think tomorrow I'll get up and at least try out that morning routine up there. My body may have different plans at 7:00 in the morning, but it would be fun to give it a try, and I do have some gardening to do...