Wednesday, March 5, 2014

The Trees

I've mentioned the pendants I started making a couple of times now, and I thought I'd post a picture of a couple of them, but first there's an interesting story about those pendants.

For a couple of weeks I was seeing trees everywhere.  I don't mean real trees outside.  Of course, I always see those, but I was seeing the imagery of trees in articles I was reading, shows I was watching, tattoos.  Everywhere, every day.  I was beginning to wonder if it was a sign from the Universe or if there was some message I was supposed to be getting from the trees.

I thought maybe it had to do with pruning and new growth because I had been experiencing some of that in my life, and then after seeing a Celtic tree of life symbol as a tattoo I Googled, "tree of life," and I found beautiful jewelry that I wanted to wear with trees on it, and then, because I make jewelry, I thought instead it would be more meaningful if I made myself a tree of life pendant, and that's how I started making them. 

When I shared pictures on Facebook of the pendants I was making, people started asking to buy them, and then I stopped making them, which is weird, but I think it was as Magic Mentha mentioned, a difficulty with receiving that made me stop making the pendants when others expressed a desire to pay for them.

There is another layer to the whole "tree" thing, and another possible message from the Universe or my psyche, and that is that I should begin working on a novel I started last year.  I only wrote a few chapters, but when I looked at the very last sentence I had written I couldn't help wondering if the trees were telling me that I needed to tell this story.  The last sentence I wrote was, "Kali scratched her head while working on her History test and suddenly remembered the strange vibrating tree in the middle of the woods."

The trees.  They are giving me something, and I'm still not sure if I'm imagining it or it's a true sign, but it doesn't really matter, does it?  Anyway, here are the pictures I promised:


The pendant on the right is actually larger than the one on the left.  Here is a picture of them together so you can see their actual size:




4 comments:

  1. They're gorgeous! I think you should tell your friends ASAP that you are selling them for (set your price) and then ask what they'd like you to make (or tell them what you have in stock). I find that if I act on an impulse immediately it has magical results. If I dither a long time it takes away my energy and the energy of whatever venture I have. Today was a great example. I've been dithering about offering workshops at a local coffee shop. It's been 9 years since I've taught. At least outside of one sort of failed kid's class. Hehee. So I made myself set up four dates, then post them and now I have sign-ups for all four workshops. I really think there's magic in putting things out there and letting them be.

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I know you're right about selling them. I need to set a price and be unapologetic about it. Either people like them or they don't, but people have already said they want to buy them, so I don't know why I worry. I do need to make more, though because I'm unhappy with a couple of things about the ones I've made so far. It's been a leaning process.

      Delete
  2. Oh, the pendants are lovely! And I don't think there's such a thing as a false sign - if something keeps cropping up, or really speaks to you, then you should listen :) And I love that last sentence you wrote for your novel, too ;)

    ReplyDelete