Friday, March 14, 2014

Weird and Wonky

Last Friday I weighed 240 pounds, and this Friday I weigh 237.8.  I've lost 20 pounds in 2 months.  This is really nice progress, and yet, I'm afraid to believe I'll ever be "thin" again.  I still struggle sometimes with negative and critical thoughts about myself (You've lost weight before, and you always blow it.  Better not get your hopes up.  You'll fail, you always do.) but I've experienced the magic loving myself can create, so I can forgive myself for having those thoughts and learn to trust myself more and more.

I'm having trouble finding beautiful stuff to take pictures of around my house.  Isn't that strange?  I'll have to try harder, get out some more or create some beauty if I'm not finding things beautiful around me. 

This is a bead I made out of a bunch of leftover glass that's been sitting on a bookshelf in my bedroom for years.  I haven't made any beads for years.  I'd like to do it again sometime, but I don't have a safe comfortable place to set up my kiln and torch right now.  I got tired of freezing in my garage while I worked, so I stopped making them.

Anyway, this one is wonky and weird, but I love it.


1 comment:

  1. You're doing great, and the beads are beautiful! I love the necklace you sent me. Thanks again. XOXOOX

    ReplyDelete