- Cooking and eating more whole foods and less processed junk which has helped me narrow down some sensitivities, especially mono and diglycerides, soy lecithin, and MSG all containing soy. Because I've been feeling better eating real food I really notice it when one of those things sneak in, like they did during Thanksgiving dinner.
- Walking a few times a week.
- Bought a new mattress in the quest for better sleep. I think the mattress is better than what we had, but it hasn't eliminated my sore back and waking up feeling very stiff and sore. That was a disappointment, and I'm not sure if I should keep trying mattresses or accept the fact that, at this weight, I'm always sore and stiff.
- Ordered progesterone and am really hoping it makes a difference. I'll let you know!
- Started taking vitamin D. It's that time of year.
- Reaching out to friends a little bit more.
- Counting my blessings a little bit more.
- Giving myself props for positive action, as in this list.
- Making space for healing by filtering out some of the "noise" that has been distracting and irritating me. More specifically, taking a break from Facebook. I've been feeling very sensitive this Fall, and I needed to put some filters up to keep from taking in energy that works against me.
- Getting dressed, including putting on shoes in the morning.
- Saying, "No," when I need to.
- Saying, "Yes," when it is good for me to do so. (Like accepting social invitations and offers of help.)
- Working on kind and compassionate self-talk.
Friday, November 29, 2013
Some positive things I've done for my health and happiness lately: