Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Feeling It Today

Unlike yesterday's great walk, today's walk kicked my butt!  I walked excruciatingly slow, was out of breath, and my hip flexors were screaming.  I guess after pushing myself to go faster and further yesterday I was still recovering today.

Instead of feeling discouraged by it, though, I actually took it as a sign that some muscle strengthening happened yesterday, and I feel encouraged.  I look forward to the day when my current walk is a breeze and I need to walk longer distances and find steeper hills to challenge myself.

The decision to hold myself to the one, and only one, expectation of getting dressed in the morning has worked out very well for me this week.  It's so much easier to face going out for a walk when I'm already dressed with shoes on than it is when I'm sitting comfy in my p.j.'s, fuzzy slippers, and cozy bathrobe.  I've found the usual house cleaning and dinner making easier to do this week too.

Tomorrow I'm making sweet potato casserole and a chocolate trifle to take to my sister's for Thanksgiving.  So, I guess for me, unlike those who will be cooking a great big meal, it will be a day of rest.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on not just getting dressed, but also going for a walk after a challenging previous day. And remember, rest is good, too :) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete