Monday, April 14, 2014

Eclipses and Letting Go

I just got home after visiting with a friend of mine who is dying.  He's young.  My age exactly, give or take a day or two.  It's very sad. I'm glad I had the chance to talk to him before he passes.  I told him to text me or call if he needs anything, and I asked his kids and his sister to do the same.  I hope he will live long enough to need something and send me a text.

Tonight there will be a full lunar eclipse.  Visiting my friend on the day of the lunar eclipse seems meaningful to me, although I'm not sure in what way.  Maybe I'm just feeling extra sensitive and I'm grasping for signs and meaning in something that makes no sense to me at all.



5 comments:

  1. Bizarre to think of someone so young dying. And yet, when I was about 10 a 16 year old family friend died. There is no rhyme or reason, just the reminder to really live every day, not stay eclipsed by fear. At least, that's the message I take from your post. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good message to take away from all of this. I need to do that. Right now I'm doing the opposite, trying to hide away and not deal with things. There is a lot going on this month and I find myself wanting to bury my head in the sand and hope it all takes care of itself. It won't, though. Eclipses are brief and infrequent, though. Hopefully, that is true of my own personal eclipse. I guess that's up to me, though, huh?

      Delete
    2. Yes, that's the good and the bad of it, the mindset we adopt is up to us, but sometimes so hard to "choose"...

      Delete
  2. Wow. So intense and heartbreaking. I am glad you got to see him and connected with him. Lots of love to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is heartbreaking. I've just been so sad and really thrown for a loop.

      Delete